Nurse Practitioner Job in Lakewood, Colorado : CO
Looking for Nurse Practitioner Jobs? See currently available Nurse Practitioner job openings on nurse-practitioner.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
nurse-practitioner.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any nurse practitioner job . We provide job resources for Nurse Practitioner positions throughout the industry. nurse-practitioner.jobs.net also provides Nurse Practitioner jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Nurse Practitioner by either city or state.
nurse-practitioner.jobs.net is a nurse practitioner job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Nurse Practitioner jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your nurse practitioner job search on nurse-practitioner.jobs.net today.
Nurse Practitioner / Geriatric Primary Care Practice
Nurse Practitioner / Geriatric Primary Care Practice Job Description
Join a large outpatient geriatric primary care practice. An exempt position responsible for providing geriatric primary care services, including assessing, diagnosing, prescribing, treating and educating patients. Works closely with physician and other clinicians in a team approach to patient care. No call, no nights, no weekend responsibilities.
- Assess patient status by obtaining health history through patient/family interviews and chart reviews; assessing presenting illness, risk factors, and family history, psychosocial situation, and cultural factors; and performing appropriate physical examination.
- Orders/performs appropriate laboratory diagnostic and other screening tests. Seeks other information as needed, including consultation with physician and other clinicians, for evaluation of illness. Integrates data to determine diagnosis and therapeutic plan, including identification of any health risks.
- Develops and implements treatment plan by prescribing/dispensing medication and/or injections in compliance with medical practice guidelines and state laws. Instructs patient/family regarding medications and treatments. Educates patients regarding health promotion/illness prevention. Recommends appropriate community resources to meet patient/family needs. Communicates appropriate case management information to other professionals and community agencies. Prepares documentation for medical records including updating patient medical chart by posting examination and test results, diagnosis, medications, and treatment in written/computerized manner.
- Participates in peer reviews, chart reviews, staff education, clinical guideline development, and other continuing education and quality assurance activities to demonstrate compliance with standards, regulations, policies, and procedures. Acts as consultant/collaborator to clinical team on area of specialty. Complies with patient confidentiality requirements. Promotes patient advocacy.
- Collaborates with Physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patient. Provides monitoring and continuity of care between visits according to treatment plan including triaging patient calls/e-mails.
Lakewood Nurse Practitioner Job
Nurse Practitioner / Geriatric Primary Care Practice Job Requirements
BSN Required, MSN Preferred. Successful completion of advanced practitioner training and certification as a practitioner (general or specialized) from an approved nurse practitioner program.
Minimum three years of professional nursing experience in a clinical setting, plus two years of nurse practitioner experience.
Current state registered nurse license. Current state license as an advanced registered nurse practitioner with prescriptive authority. Current CPR certification.